Signing up for your Young Living account might seem a little complicated at first, but just follow the steps below and I promise you will be done in just a few minutes! When you sign up as a member, you will have access to the wholesale prices, but you will be under no obligation to sell any products (EVER!) nor will you have any minimum sales goals to attain.
There are three different starter kits to choose from, but the premium starter kit is the only one that comes with the Everyday Essential Oils set, and is by far the best value. Plus, if you purchase the premium starter kit, I will personally send you three additional bonuses, including a Mini Reference Guide, a set of bottle label stickers, and a $25 Amazon Gift card. (This offer expires May 28th, 2015.)
Here’s how to sign up:
1. Head over to the Young Living Page here and fill out your information.
2. BE SURE the “Member” option is checked so that you don’t end up paying retail prices.
3. BE SURE to click the option “I was referred by a Young Living member, and I have his or her member number.” under the “Who introduced you to Young Living” question. Enter the “Sponsor ID” and “Enroller ID” as 2248169 (This is so that I can send you your AWESOME freebies!!).
4. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to turn this into a business) then you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds here and use that number instead (the IRS just needs to be able to connect some number with you for tax purposes). They need a Social Security Number or an EIN because if you make $600 or more per year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail (which is required by law). Young Living will never share this info with anyone.
5. Select which starter kit you want to get. My recommendation would be the Premium Starter Kit (and that’s the one where you get all of the freebies!) Those are the oils that I use almost every single day! You can get the kit that’s $150, or you can get a kit for $160 with a different style diffuser.
6. Step 3 is an optional part of the sign-up process and doing that later, but I have found this monthly ordering system to be very beneficial and I love earning the rewards each month! You can get more details on that HERE. However, this part is still optional!
7. Go through the checkout process. Young Living accepts most major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
8. After you sign up, FILL OUT THIS FORM letting me know that you signed up through this promotion so that I will know to send you your freebies. DON’T SKIP THIS STEP!
9. BONUS STEP–Completely Optional! If you would like to earn a bonus oils this month, then get your order total up to 190 PV (different products have different point values). You could get the Start Living With Everyday Oils kit and automatically have 100 point value… then you’ll just need 90 more points to get the bonus oils. For example, you could grab an extra bottle of Thieves Oil at 33.75 points, 15 ml bottle of Lavender at 23.5 points, 15 ml bottle of Lime at 11 points, and the 14.4 ounces of Thieves Household Cleaner at 22 points (just pour one capful of the concentrated Thieves cleaning solution into a spray bottle and it lasts for a really long time!) All of those items will bring your total points up to $190.25 which will qualify you to get the BONUS oil!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does signing up make me a “distributor”?
Nope! You are not required to sell anything at all to anyone. When you become a wholesale member, you get a special link that you can share with friends and get credit from their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts at all. In fact, 90% of the wholesale members in Young Living don’t do the business side at all. They are buying from Young Living because of the quality alone.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
There are absolutely NO minimum monthly purchase requirements. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if there’s a year that you don’t make a $50 purchase, you can reinstate your wholesale membership discount by just placing a $50 order. If you do find yourself making regular purchases each month, then Young Living has a rewards program (called Essential Rewards) where you can make a nice percentage back in product credit each month on all of your purchases. So that’s a neat program to join if you find that you *want* to purchase regularly (but it’s not a requirement for being a wholesale member).
Why should I buy from Young Living instead of other essential oils companies?
It does seem like a new essential oils company pops up every day, doesn’t it? I can’t speak to the quality of other companies, but I can say that Young Living was the only company in my research of essential oil companies that could answer all of my questions about purity in a way that was satisfactory to me. Young Living was the only company that has their own farms (in the regions where the plants should be grown), could absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand), has their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing, and use many different testing methods not just GC/MS which only tests for certain chemicals, not whether those chemicals are synthetic or not), and only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant. Young Living also was the only company that was directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. Every other company I researched goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. They have to trust that the oil broker is telling the truth, who has to trust that the essential oil distilleries are telling the truth, who have to trust that the farmers are telling the truth about what they say they are doing. With Young Living, you just have to trust one company instead of several. I feel like it’s a trust step either way (anyone could be lying) but I felt the most comfortable trusting Young Living since they are a full-disclosure company. ANYONE can visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process. That’s not an option with any other company.
How will I know which oils to use for what?
One of the benefits of getting a starter kit through this promotion is that you also get to join our private Facebook group that’s specifically for questions about essential oils! The reference guide that I’m giving away as part of this promotion is also a HUGE resource. You can look up almost anything in it and see which essential oils and supplements can be helpful.
Does Young Living only sell essential oils?
The answer to this one was surprising to me when I first got my starter kit! Young Living actually has an entire line of personal care products, supplements, meal replacements, energy drinks, and more! Almost every product incorporates essential oils (for example, frankincense is absolutely wonderful in facial products), but there’s a wide variety of products available. Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to answer them!