Here are just a few of the ways that we are using the oils in the starter kit. Our medicine cabinets have definitely gone through a major overhaul!
Lavender Essential Oil
Arabs and Romans used lavender for perfumes, burial rituals, bath houses, salves, balms, and cosmetics. It is rooted in the Latin word “lavare”, meaning “to wash.”
- Apply to cuts, scrapes, burns/sunburns, cold sores, insect bites, rashes, or acne to soothe and cleanse.
- Use in a capsule, teaspoon of honey, or swipe directly around the nose or on the inside of the cheek to help support healthy lung, sinus, and immune function.
- Diffuse, use in an epsom salt bath, or apply topically to promote relaxation and restful sleep.
- Massage into abdomen for help with menstrual discomfort.
Thieves Essential Oil Blend
Thieves is a blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary
- Diffuse for 15-20 minutes to kill airborne bacteria.
- Apply to the bottom of the feet or on the thymus gland daily to aid a healthy immune system.
- Use at the first sign of upset stomach to hasten recovery.
- Mix with a Tablespoon of water, gargle, and swallow for occasional throat discomfort.
- Apply to gums and teeth for relief from discomfort and to support dental health.
- Add one drop to warm apple juice for an immune supporting and comforting cider.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Romans and Greeks used peppermint to flavor food and wines. Icelandic medicinal books (pharmacopoeias) reference it back to AD1240.
- To ease tension, uplift, and energize, apply diluted as instructed to temples, back of the neck or forehead, or press a drop on the roof of the mouth.
- Use in a capsule with a carrier oil to help support normal digestion and appetite suppression.
- Dilute as instructed and apply to trunk area and back of the neck for cooling and refreshing relief.
- Improve concentration and focus by placing 1-2 drops on the tongue, diffusing for 20 minutes, or inhaling slowly from the bottle.
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil has been used for centuries to lower acidity in the body. In the 1790s it was given to sailors in the Royal Navy to eliminate vitamin deficiencies and scurvy.
- Add to drinking water to assist with water retention and appetite suppression.
- Supports digestive function, especially of the gallbladder.
- Use in an epsom salt bath to accelerate detoxing and to refresh the body and mind.
- Diffuse during testing or homework to improve mental accuracy and concentration
- Use directly to easily remove residue or add to natural household cleaner to help remove stains.
Panaway Essential Oil Blend
Panway is a blend of Helichrysum, Wintergreen, Clove, and Peppermint
- Apply topically or use in an epsom salt bath to reduce discomfort from everyday aches and pains.
- Create a cream with whipped coconut oil body butter by adding PanAway to help support cartilage and joint function and healthy bone structure.
- To help relax muscles, Helichrysum essential oil can be added to enhance the effect of PanAway.
- Add Wintergreen essential oil to enhance PanAway’s effects on healthy bone structure.
- For occasional aches caused by tension, apply diluted to temples, back of neck, or forehead.
Frankincense Essential Oil
As one of the three gifts of the wise men to Jesus Christ at his birth, frankincense was considered as valuable as gold in ancient times. Egyptian tradition states “Frankincense is good for everything from gout to a broken head” or in other words “good from head to toe.”
- Diffuse or inhale directly to lift mood and inspire balanced emotions.
- Use 5 drops of Frankincense in a capsule with 5 drops each of Idaho Balsam Fir and Copaiba to help relax muscles and ease tension
- Support skin health by applying directly to moles, skin tags, scars, wrinkles, and age spots.
- Add to daily capsules to support a healthy immune system
Purification Essential Oil Blend
Purification is a blend of Lemongrass, Citronella, Lavandin, Rosemary, Melaleuca Alternifolia, and Myrtle
- Add 2 drops to a wet cloth and put in clothes dryer to refresh soiled, wet laundry.
- Apply topically to cleanse and soothe cuts and scrapes
- Apply directly to bee stings or bites from insects to help relieve discomfort.
- Create a natural and chemical-free bug repellent.
- Add to a cotton ball and place in the bottom of trash receptacles or diaper pails to neutralize odors.
- Diffuse with lemon to create a fresh and inviting scent while purifying the air.
Stress Away is a blend of Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Ocotea, Lavender, and coconut oil. Stress Away can help to bring feelings of peace and tranquility to both children and adults and helps to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium.
- Add a couple of drops to a glass of water to lighten up your mood at work.
- Use topically to help combat the normal stresses that creep into everyday life.
- Diffuse daily to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Melaleuca alternifolia is commonly known at Tea Tree Oil. It is highly regarded for its wide range of uses. It helps to support the immune system and has been shown to be extremely beneficial for the skin.
- Use topically to help promote healthy skin and nails.
- Massage into the chest and throat to promote healthy lung function.
- Use topically to cleanse and ease the discomfort of cuts and scrapes.
- Add to shampoo to promote a healthy scalp and prevent head lice.
Joy Essential Oil Blend
Joy is a blend of Rose, Bergamot, Mandarin, Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Geranium, Jasmine, Palmarosa, Roman Chamomile, and Rosewood
- Apply over the heart, thymus, temples, and wrists to bring happiness to the heart and inspire romance.
- Diffuse Joy with Lemon for an uplifting and invigorating scent.
- Put 2 drops on a wet cloth and put in the clothes dryer to refresh laundry.
- Apply diluted on children to lift occasional moodiness.
- Provides a fresh and happy scent when added to organic liquid castle soap to make an all-natural body wash.
Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend
Citrus Fresh is a blend of Orange, Tangerine, Mandarin, Grapefruit, Lemon, and Spearmint essential oils. Citrus Fresh is rich in the antioxidant d-limonene.
- Diffuse daily to help promote mental alertness and accuracy.
- Take internally to help support the immune system and overall health.
- Inhale regularly to help relieve normal feelings of anxiety.
What we really love is that there is absolutely no obligation to sell anything when you become a wholesale member. You have that option, but it’s in no way a requirement, and many people become wholesale members just to get the fantastic 24% discount on Young Living oils.